Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Masked Plaid Background

Hey, everyone! I'm so excited about the December box from The Hedgehog Hollow! It's full of goodies from Pretty Pink Posh! I just can't get enough of the script die! I keep using it! And the stamp set is perfect for New Years and other celebrations! I have plans for using the champagne glasses for an anniversary card! Let's get in to my card! And there's a video, too! You'll want to watch because it's difficult to explain how I made the background!






I knew I wanted to use the cute champagne glasses from the Happy New Year stamp set from Pretty Pink Posh, so I stamped them onto some Bristol smooth cardstock and colored them with my real brush markers. I added some Spectrum Noir sparkle pen to the champagne part and cut them out with the coordinating dies. By the way, how AWESOME is it that there are coordinating dies in this box!! I used them to die cut some sticky backed fun foam so I could add some perfectly shaped and even dimension to the glasses!






My background is made with a whole lot of washi tape and two colors of Nuvo Embellishment Mousse - Indian Gold and Black Ash. I started by masking off half inch strips onto some white cardstock and used a blending tool and foam to "blend" on the gold mousse. I waited about 5 minutes for it to dry and then masked off quarter inch strips going vertically for the black mousse. I thought it needed more black (even though it probably didn't! haha!!), so I framed up the gold mousse with horizontal stripes of the black. It ended up looking more "checkerboard-ish" than plaid, but I liked it anyway! And the mousse gives SO much shimmer and shine! It's gorgeous in real life!






When I think of New Years cards I always think of shiny and shimmery with a black, gold, and silver color palette. The silver mirror cardstock in the kit die cuts like a DREAM, so I used the Pretty Pink Posh New Year Script die from the mirror cardstock once and three additional times from regular white cardstock. I stacked up the three layers of white cardstock and glued the silver mirror die cut on top. This way the dimension matches the dimension with the champagne glasses and I didn't have to cut teeny tiny pieces of foam tape!

Check out the video below for the full process!



Thanks for watching! 

No comments:

Post a Comment