Monday, December 17, 2018

Let's Go On a Safari Ride

Hi!! I have another of my favorite Pink & Main stamp sets to share with you! It's the Wild Thing stamp set from their November release. I'm a sucker for cute critters and these are some of my favorites! The little giraffe is adorable and I LOVE that there's an ostrich!






I started this card by masking off an inch at the bottom of my card with masking tape. I grabbed my absolute FAVORITE stencil from Pink & Main - the Clouds stencil. This stencil has a different cloudy border on all four sides as well as puffy clouds cut out of the center of the stencil. There are so many things you can do with this stencil, but I love it for making a puffy cloudy sky! I used some Tumbled Glass Distress Ink to create some clouds all the way down to the masking tape. Then I removed the tape and moved it up so that I could ink up the bottom portion of the card. I used Pumice Stone Distress Ink to create a little road for my images to sit on.






I stamped out a bunch of images from the Wild Thing stamp set and colored them with my Copic markers. I added quite a bit of Wink of Stella to my images - because all safari animals should sparkle! - and die cut them with the coordinating dies. I tend to go overboard with the amount of foam tape I use to pop up my images. I cut down tiny little pieces to make sure that there is tape behind every little bit of my die cuts because I don't want them to squish and get mangled in the mail. Instead of cutting down pieces of foam tape I decided to die cut some fun foam with the Wild Thing dies. This gives me perfectly shaped foam tape for each of my images! And it was so quick and easy!






You can see here that I used brown fun foam. It doesn't show unless you're looking at it from the side. Even then it doesn't bother me because you can see regular foam tape from the side as well! Thanks for joining me for this card!


No comments:

Post a Comment