Friday, December 7, 2018

Christmas Foxes with The Greeting Farm

Hi! I have a card and video for the Scrapping for Less blog and shop today! This time my product feature is the Oh, What Fun stamp set from The Greeting Farm and some patterned paper from the Holiday Cheer paper pad from Sunny Studio!






Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the post for my process video! I started by stamping the tree you see near the  middle of my card from the Oh, What Fun stamp set from The Greeting Farm. I wanted the tree to be two colors - brown for the tree trunk and green for the needles, so I used a Memento Rich Cocoa Dew Drop ink pad to ink up just the trunk. It was pretty easy because the dew drop pads have a pointed end. Since it's a dye ink I didn't have any trouble wiping away any ink that ended up where I didn't want it with my fingers before I stamped it. I did the same thing with Cottage Ivy ink for the needles.






I moved on to stamping and coloring my images from The Greeting Farm's Oh, What Fun stamp set. I used Versafine Onyx Black ink because I wanted to do some watercoloring with my real brush pens. I grabbed all of the colors I would need and started coloring. Watercoloring is my preferred method of coloring for so many reasons - but one of the big reasons is that it's so easy for me to manipulate colors! I didn't have the exact color I wanted for my foxes, so I put down some color with a bright red and then added some orange and blended them together with a waterbrush. Perfection! I did the same thing with my pink - the shade I picked was a bit too bright, so I scribbled down some darker pink/purple onto my craft mat and picked it up with a waterbrush and blended the colors together. The rest of the coloring was straight forward!






I cut out all of my images and went to work on my background! I used a stitched rectangle die to cut down a piece of patterned paper from the Holiday Cheer paper pad from Sunny Studio. I LOVE the light gray with the snowflakes! Perfect for a snowy scene! I wanted a place for my foxes to stand, so I cut down a piece of watercolor cardstock with the same stitched rectangle as well as a stitched hillside die. Scrapping for Less has some Whimsical Waves dies from MFT in stock that would work just as well for this scene! I used one of my real brush markers and sketched some snow drifts and blended out the color with a water brush to soften the edges. I arranged everything on my scene with foam tape and added a liberal amount of clear shimmer to my foxes and tree as well as my sentiment strip.

Check out the video below!



Thanks for watching! 

No comments:

Post a Comment