Sunday, August 5, 2018

Narwhal Shadow Box Card

Hey, everyone! Today I'm sharing a super cute shadow box card using a technique I saw on Jennifer McGuire's blog! I'm not going to be sharing the technique itself...just my finished card. If you want to see how to make an inside shadow box card please click HERE to go to Jennifer's blog!






I used a bunch of Pink and Main products to make this card - patterned paper is from the Sunset paper pad, the awesome Cloudy Frames dies, and the oh so cute Narwhals stamp set! From the outside this card looks super simple! I die cut some patterned paper and made a little frame for my stamped sentiment.






When you open up the card is when the magic happens! I used another Jennifer McGuire technique to create a paint swiped background. I used some teals, blues, and of course metallic gold acrylic paint and scraped it across my background.






I adhered my watercolored images to some strips of strong acetate so that they would "float" on top of my pop up window.






I finished off the card with a stamped sentiment on the painted background piece and more die cut patterned paper around the shadow box frame!


No comments:

Post a Comment