Thursday, August 9, 2018

Beth Duff Designs Seas the Day Card Wrap and Video

Hey there, everyone! I have another video for you today! And a bonus card that you won't see in the video! I'm really loving making videos for all of you! Let me know what you're thinking! I would love your honest feedback! Today I used a bunch of products to make a background and one of my favorite stamp sets from Beth Duff Designs - Seas the Day! Who doesn't love a good mermaid card?!






I used the Stripes Card Wrap die from Simon Says Stamp to make a fun wrap for my card. I've had this die for a long time and never used it! It's so awesome! It creates a clean and flat (super mailable!!) wrap for your 4 1/4" square card! Or you can just die cut it twice and have a half wrap!






When you untie the twine and open up the card you see the inside! So cool, right?! I used the Simon Says Stamp Folk Dance stencil along with some Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers, Blueprint Sketch, and Dusty Concord (although you can't see the purple) Distress Inks. I die cut the piece with a Stitched Basic Edges die from My Favorite Things and added it on top of a panel that I embossed with the Taylored Expressions Cross Stitch embossing folder. The embossing folder gives some subtle texture. Hard to see in the photos, but cool in real life!

I colored some images from the Seas the Day stamp set from Beth Duff Designs with Copic markers and added them onto the card. I didn't use any dimensional adhesive so the card wrap would close easily.






And here's a bonus card for you! I really wanted to see some of that purple, so I made this card with the same stencil and die and sandwiched in a piece of paper with the Cross Stitch embossing folder. I used the top and bottom so that you can see the whole gradient of color! The sentiment is from another favorite Beth Duff Designs stamp set called Unicorn Farts!

And that's it! Check out the process video here:




Come back soon! I'm always crafting and I can't wait to share my creations with you!


No comments:

Post a Comment