Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Owl Chipboard and Geometric Background Card

Hi, there! I have been OBSESSED with the January box from The Hedgehog Hollow ever since I opened it up! It's amazing! There are chipboard pieces, three stamp sets, and a fabulous stencil if you're a subscriber! How awesome! And everything has a geometric feel to it - which totally appeals to me! If you want to purchase a subscription there are several ways to subscribe! You could do a month to month rolling subscription to The Hedgehog Hollow starting with the January 2019 box or a three month subscription starting with the January box. There are also a few different boxes available for individual purchase so be sure to visit The Hedgehog Hollow shop!






Check out that owl! That's a chipboard piece included in the kit! There's a whole pack of chipboard pieces including a unicorn, a heart, a butterfly, and more! I knew I wanted to use the owl! I fell in love with him! I started by using the Finding Your Way stamp set to build up my background. This is an oversized stamp set with 7 large geometric and compass-like images perfect for stamping backgrounds! I used Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide ink and my MISTI to help me line up and repeatedly stamp my background using just one stamp from the stamp set. 






I knew I wanted to use the owl chipboard from the very beginning, but when I went to glue him on to my card I thought it blended in a bit too much. To fix this I glued it onto some vellum and trimmed it out leaving a little border. This helped the chipboard piece stand out. I used some kraft cardstock and stamped a sentiment from the Geometric Love stamp set from the kit. This stamp set has BUNCHES of sentiments that coordinate with the other two stamp sets! 






To finish off my card I trimmed down my stamped panel and foam mounted it onto a kraft cardstock A2 card so that I would have a bit of the kraft popping out on the edges. I added some of my Spectrum Noir clear shimmer to the kraft edges as well as the sentiment strip for a bit of sparkle! 

I truly hope you will check out the January 2019 box! It's full of some of my new favorite stamps! 


No comments:

Post a Comment