Monday, December 24, 2018

Bear Hugs and Eskimo Kisses

Hello, everyone! Can you believe it's Christmas Eve already?! December has absolutely FLOWN by! I grabbed some of my favorite winter stamps from Pink & Main and created two quick and easy cards perfect for this cold, snowy season!






I made both of these cards out of one stamped and embossed panel - one of my favorite techniques! I started by inking up a panel of white cardstock with some Tattered Rose Distress Oxide ink. Then I heat set the panel really well with my heat gun.






I'm OBSESSED with snowflakes! I LOVE them! I especially love the Flurries stamp set! There are snowflakes of all shapes and sizes! I use it all the time, so I knew I wanted to use it for these cards! I stamped them all over my inked card panel with Versamark ink and heat embossed them with white powder. Then I stamped them again and heat embossed with Pearl embossing powder. I love the two toned look of the background! The white totally pops and the pearl powder picks up and darkens the background color with just the perfect amount of pearly shine! You could definitely reverse the process and stamp and emboss first then ink for an ink resist, but I always find that my embossing gets discolored. Maybe I'm doing it wrong! Haha!!






I took the panel and chopped it in half (ish) on a diagonal with my paper trimmer. What an easy way to create two cards! I added some fun foam behind each of the cut panels for some dimension and adhered them onto A2 cards. I thought the edge looked a bit unfinished, so I trimmed a strip of white cardstock to about a quarter of an inch and glued it to the edge of the popped up panel.






My cutie images and sentiments are from the Eskimo Kisses stamp set. I stamped them onto watercolor cardstock and colored them with my Gansai Tambi watercolors. I used the coordinating dies to cut them out and some foam tape to pop them up. I stamped the matching sentiments on a diagonal with some black ink.






I used a Spectrum Noir clear shimmer brush pen to add some sparkle to the images and also to the finishing strip of white cardstock. I wish you could see it! There's so much shimmer and shine in real life! Thanks for joining me!


No comments:

Post a Comment