Tuesday, December 25, 2018

A Black and Gold Birthday

Hey, everyone! I know you've seen the December box from The Hedgehog Hollow, right!! It's full of products from Pretty Pink Posh! The box has a New Years theme, but I'm all about stretching my crafty goodies, so I made a birthday card! All I added was a "birthday" sentiment from a stamp set in the September 2018 box!






I love the gold, black, and silver color palette, so I decided to keep it even though it usually lends itself to New Years celebrations. I stamped the party hats and streamers from the Happy New Year stamp set onto watercolor cardstock. I used my regular Gansai Tambi colors as well as the Starry Colors palette to color all of the images and used the coordinating dies (included in the box) to cut them out.






I masked off the Happy New Year sentiment from the stamp set to just stamp the "happy" with black ink directly onto my card base and then stamped the birthday sentiment from the September box onto black cardstock and embossed it with white powder. I used foam tape behind all of my images and the birthday strip and adhered them onto the card around the "happy".






This card definitely needed a little pizzaz, so I reached for the sequin mix from Pretty Pink Posh, which is the subscriber bonus this month. I LOVE how shiny they are! And the different sizes are just amazing! This is probably one of my favorite cards I've made in a while! I hope you like it, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment