Friday, November 16, 2018

Kindred Stamps Valentine's Day Sea Friends

Is it too early for Valentine's Day? I think not!! Haha! I'm all for getting things done early! I Saw the "Be Mine" sentiment in the Sea Friends stamp set from Kindred Stamps and immediately thought of this card design! I made a video to go along with the card, too! Scroll down to the bottom to watch it!






I masked off a 1.25 inch portion of a piece of watercolor cardstock with washi tape and started repeatedly stamping the seagull from the Sea Friends stamp set with Versafine Onyx Black ink and embossed them with clear embossing powder. I used my Staedtler watercolor markers and a waterbrush pen to color in the birds. Once the watercolor was dry I used a Versamarker pen to color over each of the images and used clear embossing powder over the top. This gives me a shiny form of masking. It's one of my favorite ways to mask off images because it's super easy to do!

Once my watercoloring was trapped under the clear embossing I taped off the 1.25 inch area where I stamped the seagulls and used three colors of Distress ink - Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, and Picked Raspberry - to blend over top. Because I used clear embossing powder over the seagulls I can just go right in with my blending tool without worrying about messing up the watercoloring. Anywhere the clear embossing powder is will resist the ink blending - so you can see I have some spots without the pink color, but it doesn't really bother me.

When I took off the masking tape I tore my cardstock and left fingerprint ink smudges - but not to fear! I used my Tombow sand eraser and erased away the ink and covered up the tear in the cardstock. You could still see a bit of a mark from the tear, but I was sure to cover that up later!

I stamped my sentiment three times onto black cardstock and used white embossing powder, trimmed them out, and staggered them across the inked portion with foam tape. I scattered some Owl Post sequins across the card to finish it off and made sure to cover up where I tore my cardstock a bit!






Thanks for joining me! Make sure you check out the video, too!!



No comments:

Post a Comment