Sunday, October 28, 2018

Serenity is Peace and Nuvo Mousse

Hey, everyone! I have a video for the Beth Duff Designs YouTube channel today using two of the new collaboration stamp sets between Beth Duff Designs and Unity Stamp Co! Serenity is Peace and Peppermint Mocha are two of my favorite sets from the collaboration! I made a card using both of the sets and CASEd one of my cards that I made for the blog hop a few days ago! Scroll to the bottom for the video!






I used a new-to-me product for the background of this card - Nuvo Mousse! This product has been on the market for quite some time, but I'm a newbie! And I LOVE how versatile it is! I used the Aquamarine color and added some water to the mousse to add a blob of watercolor to a piece of watercolor cardstock. I love how shimmery and shiny it is! Super metallic! And it dries so quickly! I wanted my background to appear snowy, so I used the Falling Snow stencil from Simon Says Stamp and an ink blending foam with the Gunmetal Gray color of mousse.






I stamped the girl image from the Serenity is Peace stamp set with a bit of masking. Her original face is sad - and I love it! But I wanted to use a different sentiment with this card, so I masked off her frown and drew in a small smile. I colored her with a mix of alcohol markers - Marvy Le Plume, Copic, and Spectrum Noir. Here's a list of my color combos:

Coat - G76 and G79 Marvy Le Plume

Brown accents and pockets - GB8 and GB10 Spectrum Noir

Dark brown accents - EB5 Spectrum Noir

Hair - GB8, GB10, and EB5 Spectrum Noir

Skin - E000 Copic and FS3 Spectrum Noir

Cheeks - R81 Copic






To finish off the card I stamped the tree wreath image from the Serenity is Peace stamp set and the sentiment from the Peppermint Mocha stamp set and heat embossed them with white powder! Watch the video below!



Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment