Sunday, September 30, 2018

"Fixing" a Card

Hello, everyone! I have a card video for you today featuring the new Bless Our Nest stamp set from Beth Duff Designs! It's the cutest stamp set with some amazing sentiments and a couple of birds, a birdhouse, and a nest! I'm going to be honest...this video jumps around a bit. I almost didn't share it. This card did NOT go as planned! Haha! But, I wanted to share with you how I fix my mistakes! From ink smudges to design errors! They can all be fixed!






This card didn't look anything like this in the beginning! I had a design in my head - stamp a sentiment and a column of birds and outline them to create almost a picture frame (you will see it in the video) and then do some watercoloring to create a one layer card. That didn't happen (obviously haha!) I did all the work and ended up cutting it apart! The color scheme looked much different in my head! Does that ever happen to you? I had a light red background with a yellow border...and it just looked sad. Almost sickly. So I changed it! I added some Tea Dye Distress Ink to my background and some spatters. I colored over the light red watercolor wash with a dark brown. I decided to go for a look more suited towards nature. Instead of a flat wash I did a textured wash, added a layer of gold foil, and some gems just to brighten it up a tad!





Check out the video here:




I really encourage you guys to work with your cards! Sometimes they end up better than you could have imagined!


No comments:

Post a Comment