Sunday, November 5, 2017

Holiday Plaid Backgrounds

You guys...when I said I love the October release from Concord & 9th...I wasn't kidding! I really really love it! I have three more Christmas cards to share with you today! 






I used the Plaid Background stamp for each of these cards, but I used different colors for the backgrounds.






This is the first card I made. I didn't prime my stamp first like I usually do. I know that there's a type of "film" on stamps from the manufacturing process and I was hoping to take advantage of that! I wanted a distressed background! I used red embossing powder on kraft cardstock and gold embossing powder for the additional lines.






I needed some shimmer, so I die cut the Merry die from gold glitter paper and some fun foam for some dimension. The "Christmas" sentiment is from a Hero Arts stamp set. I use it all the time when I need a little sentiment.






Here's another one using traditional Christmas colors. I stamped with red ink and embossed with gold powder. I die cut from gold glitter cardstock again for the sentiment!






I wanted to try using some non-traditional colors, so rather than re-inking my stamp, I grabbed another piece of white cardstock and stamped again. This is the "leftover" ink from the red card in the previous photos, but since it's second generation it looks pink! I used the gold embossing again because I loved it so much!






I thought I would go all out with the non-traditional Christmas colors, so I used a light blue glitter cardstock for the sentiment!

Thanks for joining me!


1 comment: