Saturday, October 7, 2017

World Card Making Day 2017

Hello, everyone! Today I have four - yes, four! - cards for you! After all, it is world card making day! I have been really inspired by Concord & 9th lately, so I pulled out every product that I had, with the intention to make one card, but once I started I couldn't stop! I used only a few of my stamp sets, but I still have so many ideas swirling around my head! Let's just dive in!






I used this lovely mood board from Butterfly Reflections, Ink for my first card. I will be honest, I would never have thought to pair these colors together, but that's why I love color palette inspirations so much! I struggle with color theory and so I love it when someone just tells me - hey! These colors go together!






I used the flower turnabout stamp to stamp the flowers with inks I had that were closest to the color inspiration. I love these turnabouts! They really take the work out of a background! I just stamped a sentiment from another stamp set (Enjoy It) and embossed it with black powder and added some black nuvo drops. I also added some clear glitter drops to the center of the flowers.






I didn't stop there! I made another card with this GORGEOUS image from the Cozy Up stamp set. I love love love this! I colored the image super quick with Copic markers. I really wanted the sentiment to be red, but my ink didn't show up. It just blended in. So I thought I would use red embossing powder and that still didn't pop enough, so I just embossed over the top with white powder. The red still peeks out, but I'm okay with it! I added white Nuvo drops, but alas..they did not stay white. I've been having trouble with that lately. They seem to react with Copics even if I heat set them first. Oh well. I still like how it turned out!






I love to create my own backgrounds using small images. I used the three individual cookie stamps and stamped my own background. I used three different Copic marker combos to color in the background. I had some trouble with the sentiment again. I stamped it in black directly onto my card, but it didn't stand out. I restamped using my MISTI onto vellum and cut it down with a stitched rectangle. I wish now that I had stamped with black on the vellum. I fear that the white doesn't stand out enough.






And now for the final card! This one happens to be my favorite! It is so simple...but so wonderful! I love the stocking image - also from the Cozy Up stamp set! I colored three stockings and cut them out right up to the black outline. I embossed my sentiment at the bottom of my card and then popped up my stockings. As usual...I added SO much clear glitter! There is a crazy amount of glitter - and I love it!


Thanks for joining me for World Card Making Day! I hope you head over to the Butterfly Reflections, Ink blog and shop for all of your crafty needs!


No comments:

Post a Comment