Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Birthday Brushstrokes

Hey, everyone! Today I have a few cards that I made using the October 2017 Simon Says Stamp card kit. This is my favorite kit that has been released in a while! I love the feel of the card kit! The stamp set is one of my new most used sets! It makes creating cards so quick and easy...without having to bust out my watercolors! 






I used one of the brushstroke images and inked it up three times with Distress Inks - Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed, and Peacock Feathers. These are some of my favorites! After I inked the stamp I spritzed it with water and heat set the color before moving on to the next. I spattered on some water and added some black embossing powder. I saw Jennifer McGuire use this technique, and I think I like it better than using regular black ink. When I spatter on the water and add embossing powder I can easily brush away any powder that I don't like where it landed. I embossed a birthday sentiment and that's it for this one!






I used a rainbow of inks for this card..again it was so quick and easy! I embossed a sentiment and added a couple of Nuvo drops. I thought the card needed something else, so I die cut my panel with a scalloped rectangle die and used some fun foam behind it. I sprinkled on some water mixed with Perfect Pearls for a bit of shine.






Thank you for joining me!

No comments:

Post a Comment