Friday, September 8, 2017

Pumpkin Spice Season is Here!

I must be a weirdo...I don't like coffee! At all! But when I saw the Pumpkin Spice stamp set from Lawn Fawn I thought it would be perfect for hot chocolate! That being said...I know many lovers of coffee and pumpkin spice, so I felt compelled to make this card! 






I started by taking all of my Simon Says Stamp stitched square dies and taping them together so I could put them through my Big Shot at one time. However, instead of using them to cut my paper, I just wanted them to leave an impression in my paper. I used a tan embossing pad from Spellbinders under my paper and ran it through my Big Shot like I would an embossing folder. Jennifer McGuire has a fantastic tutorial on how to do this!






I stamped the images with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored them with Copics - Y17, YR02, and YR04 and a little C1 and colorless blender for the whipped cream - and cut them out with coordinating dies. I stamped the sentiment on black cardstock and embossed it with Hero Arts white embossing powder and cut them into little strips. I adhered everything with foam squares and added the embossed panel to an orange card base.


So simple and so cute! My sister already snatched this card right off my desk! I guess it was a hit!


No comments:

Post a Comment