Friday, September 22, 2017

Oxide Inks and Water

Hello, there! Today I have just a short blog post. This card is heavily inspired by a technique I saw on Jennifer McGuire's blog! Please follow the link to see all of her examples and her video!






I started by taking a regular piece of cardstock and sponging Black Soot Distress Oxide all over the piece. I heat set the ink to make sure it was good and dry. Then I used regular water to spray a stencil from Hero Arts and put the stencil on top of my inked piece. I held it in place with a paper towel for about 5 minutes, and when I looked I was sooooo amazed! It looks so cool! The picture does not do it justice! It's awesome!

I needed to make this into a manly birthday card, so I used a stamp set from Simon Says Stamp to emboss a sentiment with silver embossing powder. I wanted to keep the focus on the background, so I used clear Nuvo Drops to add some little details around my sentiment.

That's all! It's so simple, but really packs a punch! I encourage you to go to Jennifer McGuire's blog and look at her examples and watch her video!!


No comments:

Post a Comment