Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Watercolored Hedgehogs

Hello! I know it's not the season for Valentine's Day cards, but my local county fair is coming up next month and I always enter my cards into the fair! One of the categories is Valentine's Day and I didn't have a card...so I made one! I took a lot of inspiration from Yana Smakula. She made a card a couple weeks ago where she watercolored circus images in lines. You can find her card here! Here's mine! 






The Sending Hedgehugs stamp set from Lawn Fawn is an older set, but it's one of my favorites...and it's my husband's favorite, too! I used Versafine ink and clear embossing powder to stamp and emboss the two hedgehogs and the heart all over my watercolor card panel. Then I used Distress Inks to watercolor the images. I used Brushed Corduroy, Gathered Twigs, and Vintage Photo for the hedgehogs, Festive Berries for the hearts, and Hickory Smoke for the shadows under the hedgehogs. 






I stamped the sentiment from an old Simon Says Stamp set and adhered it with foam squares. I used Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Sequins to add some sparkle! That's it! Super simple, but I'm in love with this card! And now I'm ahead of schedule for Valentine's Day 2018! See you next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment