Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Fancy Octopus Cards

Hello, all! I'm so excited with my recent purchases! I've been eyeing the Hero Arts Octopus layering stamp set for some time...and all the hype is real! This set is so realistic and amazing! I made a set of 6 cards featuring different colors of octopi!






Here's all of the cards! Keep scrolling for more photos!

I started by using stencils from the Hero Arts Fillgree Stencil set with some Versamark ink and then embossed the designs with white embossing powder. I used different Distress Inks (Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio, Ripe Persimmon, Salty Ocean, and Wilted Violet) to give some color to the backgrounds. Then I used various ink colors from Simon Says Stamp, Hero Arts, and Studio Calico to stamp the octopi and fussy cut them. I embossed the sentiment six times on black cardstock and trimmed them into banners. I popped them up with foam tape and boom! A little gift set of cards! These came together so quickly and I love how they turned out!












That's it! Ever since our son came home with us my style has become more clean and simple. It's so much easier to craft while he's sleeping! These sure fit the bill!


No comments:

Post a Comment