Thursday, October 15, 2015

Tis the Season 53 - Snowy Inspiration

Hey there, everyone! Time for another challenge at Tis the Season! We have an inspiration photo for you this week!




Isn't it such a fantastic photo! I was realy inspired by the different shades of gray and silver and also the green foliage inside the ice skate with just a tiny pop of red. Here's my card!




I used the Deck the Halls stamp set from Lawn Fawn for this card. I started by stamping the largest pine branch with second generation stamping with Clean Slate Ink from Studio Calico. In the end, I don't think you can really see it, but I thought it provided a good base to work with.

Next, I stamped the medium twig in Memento London Fog ink and the smallest of the twigs with the SC Clean Slate ink.




At this point my card was looking pretty monotone. I stamped the pine cones in Pumice Stone Distress Ink to warm up the card a little bit and stamped the berries in Studio Calico Well Red ink. I wanted some shine, so I stamped and embossed some snowflakes in silver and liquid platinum embossing powders from Ranger. I also ran the edge of my card along the edge of my Versamark pad and embossed more silver powder for a wintery day look.




Originally I had stamped my sentiment directly onto my card. Alas, the ink smudged. So on to plan B! I stamped again in Memento Cottage Ivy ink and trimmed the edges into a banner and covered up my mistake!!

I cut a cardbase from Simon Says Stamp Schoolhouse Red cardstock to be 4 1/4 inches square and used fun foam behind my panel to add some dimension.

That's it! I hope you are inspired to head over to the Tis the Season blog and join in our challenge!


1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty in shades of silver and gray. What a festive Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete