Thursday, October 1, 2015

Tis the Season 52 - Lined Up for Christmas

Hey everyone! The Tis the Season Challenge Blog has a new sketch challenge for you to play with! Ready to see the sketch?




Easy enough, right? I think so! All you have to do is make a new Christmas creation following the sketch above. You may use whatever supplies you have in your stash. Then head over to the Tis the Season Challenge Blog and link up what you've made! Here's my project for this challenge:




I used a stamp set from Sweet Stamp Shop called Holiday Town. This stamp set is so cute! I used some washi tape and masked off a line straight across the top portion of my card and used an ink blending tool to apply some Antique Linen Distress ink. Instead of doing a scallop border just like the sketch, I thought it would cute to imitate the scallops by stamping some trees! The trees are also from the Holiday Town set and I stamped them with Cottage Ivy ink by Memento.




Next, I moved on to coloring my images. I used both Copic and Spectrum Noir markers. I thought the string of lights would be a good addition to the card, so I colored some of them, too. I thought my pine trees were looking a little naked so I stamped a bunch of the lights together to make one continuous string of lights. I fussy cit my images and stuck them on my card. I popped the house up with foam tape to add some dimension.

As you can see in the closeup, my coloring is not perfect. I had a bit of color bleeding, but that's okay. These are hand made!! I think we as cardmakers are sometimes too hard on ourselves and our work. I could have started over, but I think it's okay!

I added some clear Wink of Stella to the house and the lights because every Christmas cars needs glitter in some way! :)

I thought the bow in the sketch would be too much for my card. It just wouldn't have fit in with my design. Instead, I decided to stamp my sentiment where the bow would go. I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink so that the sentiment would stand out.

And that's my card! Thanks for stopping by! I hope you will head over to the Tis the Season Challenge Blog and show us what you've made with this sketch!!

See you next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment