Thursday, September 3, 2015

Tis the Season 50 : Photo Inspiration Challenge

Hello! I'm so excited that it's time for another challenge at the Tis the Season challenge blog! This week there is another photo to inspire your creations! I've posted the inspiration image below. It's just gorgeous! 






I saw that red ornament and the gorgeous tree and I remembered that I had been hoarding a die cut from K&Company forever! I've been wanting to use it and this seemed to be the perfect opportunity! 




I trimmed some Christmas background paper to be slightly smaller than my white card base. I was given this paper by my fantastic friend, Monica and I have been dying to use it! Thank you, Monica! It's fabulous!


I distressed the edges with my Tim Holtz distresser tool and then used some Antique Linen and Brushed Corduroy Distress Inks to further distress the paper.




I created a strip of paper to stamp my sentiment on from a piece of Neenah white cardstock. I distressed the paper with Distress Inks and I used  my Time Holtz distresser tool again.

I stamped my sentiment in Doc Brown ink from Studio Calico. The sentiment is from the Lawn Fawn Deck the Halls stamp set. I used some Wink of Stella over the top forgetting that the inks are water soluble! It kind of smudged a bit, but I'm okay with it in the end!




I wanted to add a bit more sparkle to the card, so I used some Stickles on the green ornaments and on top of the star.

That is it for the card! I really loved the inspiration image this week! I hope that you will head over to the Tis the Season Challenge Blog and link up your creations!



No comments:

Post a Comment