Thursday, August 6, 2015

Tis the Season Color Challenge (TTS48)

Hello, everyone! I'm happy to be back with another challenge for the Tis the Season Challenge Blog!! This week there is a color challenge! The four colors are Artichoke, Daffodil, Strawberry, and Pool! I made a couple of cards for this challenge, so let's get started!





Here we go! I chose pool to be my primary color, strawberry for my secondary, daffodil for my tertiary, and I just wanted an artichoke accent.




I won a stamp set from Create a Smile Stamps a few weeks ago and I am so excited to use it! The stamp set is called "Cool Buddies" and includes some cute fox, penguin, and snowman images. Snowmen are my favorite things, so I knew I wanted to use them for this challenge! I chose two snowmen images and the little hat image and colored them with my Copic markers. It is hard to see in this photo, but the hat is an artichoke color with a strawberry stripe. I used some sunflower colors to color the nose and the buttons.




I love pool, so I wanted to make that the primary color of the card. I sponged some Glass Slipper Studio Calico ink onto a piece of white cardstock. I used Washi Tape to leave a small white border. I did this for both cards.






I wanted strawberry to be my second most pronounced color, so I sponged some Worn Lipstick Distress Ink onto my card base for a second border. Since daffodil is my tertiary color, I sponged some Mustard Seed Distress Ink onto some scrap cardstock and trimmed it down to a banner end. I stamped my sentiment using some Memento Tuxedo Black ink. 





I added some Doodlebug sequins that I thought matched the inspiration colors and adhered them with Multi Medium Matte adhesive. I used tape runner adhesive for the banners and popped up my snowmen and hats! That's it!

I encourage you to head over to the TTS blog and participate in our color challenge this week and check out the other DT member's cards! I'll see you again soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment