Thursday, July 23, 2015

Tis the Season Photo Inspiration (TTS47)

Hello! It's time for a new challenge at the Tis the Season Challenge Blog! I get so giddy and excited every time I realize I'm on this design team! My fellow designers are so awesome and I love all of the different challenges! Be sure to head over to the Tis the Season Blog to enter into this week's competition! This time it's a photo inspiration challenge. The photo is just gorgeous!




I took a inspiration from many different aspects of the photo. First and foremost, I saw the tree. It's such a pretty tree! It's frilly, light pink, and light blue. I used those colors on my card as well as the darker teal in the back left corner. I liked the little hints of gold throughout the photo, as well as the tan colored floor. Here's the card I came up with!



I went back to the November card kit from Simon Says Stamp for most of the products I used on this card. I started by die cutting some stitched rectangles from the blue patterned paper and the brown sugar colored cardstock. Then I die cut a pink stitched rectangle border from some other cardstock from the kit. While I had my Big Shot out on my desk I die cut the "happy" from some teal cardstock. The die is a Little Yellow Bicycle die that I purchased a while back.




I stamped the trees with some Simon Says Stamp inks and then used some Versamark ink so that I could use a shimmery embossing powder. After the powder was melted, I cut out the trees leaving a small white border. Now it's time to start building the card.

 



I adhered the brown cardstock and the blue patterned paper straight down onto the card and used some foam tape behind the pink frame to give it some dimension. I grabbed the "holidays" sentiment from another Simon Says Stamp set and stamped it in Versafine Onyx Black ink. Next, I adhered the colored trees with tape runner adhesive and the gold tree with foam squares.



 
I used some Multi Medium Matte to glue the die cut onto my panel. I only applied glue to the areas where the die cut would be touching it's anchor points - the tops of the two "p"s, the swirly on the "h", and the swirly on the "y". I grabbed some enamel bows that were leftover from my card kit and stuck them on top of the largest 3 trees.

That's it for today! In case you missed the link to the Tis the Season Design Blog up at the top, here it is again! Be sure to head over and play along with our inspiration challenge!

See you again soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment