Wednesday, June 17, 2015

A Happy Little Set of Cards :)

Hello, everyone! Today I'm sharing a project that I made using the June Card kit "Be Happy" from Simon Says Stamp. It's one of my favorite kits! Everything is so happy and summery! Even though I'm not a fan of the sun or the heat of summer, I do love to create fun and happy cards, so this kit is perfect.




I made a set of 5 cards - quick and easy! I started by die cutting some Neenah Solar White cardstock 4 times for each card - a total of 20 times. In all honesty, this was what took the longest. The die is quite intricate and I had to use my paper piercer tool to poke out the die cut with each pass through my Big Shot.




I used Multi Matte Medium and glued the 4 die cuts together stacking them on top of each other. This gives a faux chipboard look and I love the dimension. I used a circle die to die cut the striped patterned paper and glued the die cut stack onto the paper. Then I stamped a sentiment onto a strip of black cardstock, cut down the paper, and trimmed the edges at a slant.




I used Studio Calico Sunny Day ink to stamp the sun repeatedly onto all 5 of my card bases. Then I used Clean Slate ink to stamp the smiles and the eyes onto the sun images. Aren't they just so happy! I rounded the bottom two corners of the card with my 1/2 inch Corner Chomper.




No happy card is complete without some Wink of Stella! I brushed on some glitter onto the die cut, the rainbow piece, and each of the sun images. I ran a strip of the washi tape from the kit on the inside of my card. I think the inside should be as dolled up as the outside!




That's it! Five super happy cards! Here's a video:




Thank you for joining me today! Check back next week - I have a super exciting surprise!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment