Thursday, April 30, 2015

Striped Birthday Card....and a Surprise!!

Hello! I'm here to share with you one of my favorite cards that I've made in a while. Maybe it's because it's so colorful and I've been feeling so under the weather lately. It just made me so happy to make it!

After I share the card with you I have a surprise! So make sure you keep reading to the very end!




I used a bunch of my new goodies - The April SSS card kit, my new-ish stitched rectangles from Simon, new hybrid ink cubes from Simon, and the plaid background builder stamp set from My Favorite Things! So much newness on one card!

Simon Says Stamp recently had a sale on their inks, so I purchased one of their 1 inch ink cube sets from the Plan on It release. This one is called Energy and comes with four ink colors - Cotton Candy, Coral Reef, Orange Peel, and Sunshine. This color combo is gorgeous!

I started by diecutting a piece of Neenah 110lb cardstock using the largest stitched rectangle from SSS. Then I taped the piece down onto my work surface so that I could keep the stitched lines clean. I didn't want any ink on the edges. MFT recently had a sale on their background stamps, so I picked up the Plaid Background Builder set and I am in love! I haven't used it so much for plaid as I have for stripes. Stripes are my new favorite thing right now!! I started in the middle and used the two solid lines - the skinny and the fat one - and just alternated my ink colors. I love the way it turned out!




I heat set my inks to make sure they were dry and then I stamped a sentiment from the April SSS card kit in Versamark ink and embossed it with Ranger Liquid Platinum embossing powder. This came in a card kit a couple months ago and I've been using it non stop! I might like it even better than white embossing powder! It's great!

I mounted my stamped piece onto a piece of Orange Peel cardstock from the kit - it matches the Orange Peel ink perfectly! I used a piece of fun foam behind the paper to give it some dimension and glued it down onto a Neenah card base.

To finish off the card I just used my Micro Glue Dots to stick down a few Doodlebug sequins and I'm done! It's pretty simple! I just think the colors are so fresh!

And now for the surprise!! I've recently surpassed 100 subscribers on YouTube and Instagram! I'm beyond thrilled! So excited! I thought I would do a small giveaway to celebrate! Perhaps a $25 giftcard to one of my favorite crafty companies - Simon Says Stamp! Stay tuned! I plan to kick off the giveaway next week! See you next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment