Wednesday, April 29, 2015

SSS April Card Kit Ampersand Card

Hi, all! Today I have another card and video to share with you using the April Simon Says Stamp card kit. I have to apologize for my voice in the video. I'm on day 15 of being under the weather. I started about two weeks ago with a stomach bug and now I have a cold that is making it quite difficult to breathe. On top of that, my voice goes all crackly at random times! I hope to have my normal voice back soon!

Okay, let's jump in! Here's today's card!




I started out with a piece of white Neenah cardstock that measures 3 1/2 inches wide by 5 3/8 inches tall. I trimmed out some of the colorful rubons that are included in the kit and used the popscicle stick to transfer the images onto my paper.

I've been really crushing on the new Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink from Tim Holtz, but I don't own the color. I'm on a strict crafty budget, so I have to wait for multiple things to be released so that I don't pay multiple shipping charges. I thought I'd try to recreate this color. Now obviously, it's not exact, but I'm happy with the results. I don't have a Distress Ink that's like this morphed color, so this is a technique I will be trying again in the future.

I started by using a mini round ink blending tool and sponging on some Peacock Feathers around my sentiments. Once I had that blended the way I liked, I went back over the blue ink with some Mustard Seed Distress Ink. The two colors blended together quite nicely and it left me with this minty green color!



I matted my statement piece with a piece of hot pink cardstock from the kit. The cardstock is the same height but slightly wider than the inked paper. I added a piece of the gold foiled paper to the right side of the card and mounted everything onto a Neenah top folding card.

I placed some colored enamel dots onto the front of the card and that is it! Here's the video:




I hope you enjoyed this card and video! I'll be back soon with another card!

No comments:

Post a Comment