Thursday, April 9, 2015

Grow Your Dreams Like Flowers.

Hi, everyone! I'm back from a super long and unexpected hiatus! I've decided to work towards bettering myself and my career - after all, I don't want to be a waitress forever! So, I've started volunteering at a local Christian school. I tutor a few kids individually and it's been such a blessing! The only downside is that I am at the school all day on Tuesday, which used to be my crafting day. I work Thursday - Monday and then by the time I'm done at the school on Tuesday I'm too exhausted to craft! I come home and make dinner for my husband and I and then pass out! :) I've rearranged my schedule a bit so now I'm crafting on Wednesdays! I think I've finally found the balance I've been looking for!

Anyway, I was really excited to get my Simon Says Stamp April card kit in the mail. It's a birthday themed kit! For some reason, I have hardly any birthday stamps and never seem to have birthday cards. It's really awkward because everyone in my life knows I make cards, but I never seem to have one on hand when I need it! I've made a couple of birthday themed cards, and I turned on my camera for this one! Although it's not birthday themed, I think it came out super cute!




I just love the gold! It's really pretty! I started by diecutting a piece of vellum and a piece of the mint cardstock that came in the kit with my tag dies from Spellbinders. Then I selected two of the gold rubons from PinkFresh Studios. I arranged them so that the "rain" was growing the sentiment. I used the popscicle stick that came with the rubons and rubbed them onto my vellum piece.

I took a while to figure out which gold foil kraft cardstock I wanted to use, but once I picked it out I cut it down to fit onto my Neenah top folding card base.




I used some Recollections enamel dots to accent the sentiment piece. I used some Tombow Mono Multi glue behind the dots so that I could hide my adhesive when gluing the vellum piece to the cardstock piece. I used regular tape runner adhesive to glue the tag shape onto my card. I added some of the ombre washi tape from the kit onto the corners. I ended up squirting some more liquid glue behind the tape just to make sure it wasn't going anywhere :)

Here's the video:




I hope you guys enjoyed this card and video! I have more cards and at least one more video using this card kit, so be sure to stop back!!

I've also added my blog to bloglovin, so click that link to become a follower!


No comments:

Post a Comment