Saturday, March 28, 2015

Thank You for a Friend

Hey, everyone! This week has been absolute craziness! I found out that my car (which I've had since I was 16) is no longer cost effective to keep. Alas, it was time to get a new one!! ... well, a new used one. New to me! I've never gone looking for a car so my mom, my husband, and I have been looking for a car all week. We finally found one! It really was a blessing to find one so quickly, and at such a great price! We finalized the loan papers and picked up the car yesterday! Woo hoo! It's so fancy in comparison to my last car!

Anyway, I created another card using my Simon Says Stamp March card kit. I'm anxiously awaiting my April kit. Birthday cards are something I never make. I was thinking of doing a series of birthday themed cards for my video channel. What do you think? Leave me a comment and let me know!




I made this card for a friend who lives on the other side of the country - I wanted to wait until I shared it with you to be sure that she got it! She was so kind and sent me some lovely birthday presents - nail polish and a Heidi Swapp shimmer spray. I had been looking all over for that particular spray so I was thrilled! Equally as thrilling was the nail polish. My husband and I don't have much extra money and I choose to spend my "allowance" on crafty things! I felt like a little girl sitting and painting my nails!

I started with an A2 card base and some patterned paper from the kit. I adhered the paper straight down onto the card and rounded the bottom edges with my 1/2 inch corner chomper.




I picked out a journaling card from the kit and stamped on it using Heidi Swapp Mustard ink. I thought the card still looked a little blank, so I used one of the smaller flower images and stamped them in Memento black ink. I corner chomped all four edges with the 1/4 inch Corner Chomper. For the flowers and leaves I used Studio Calico inks and Versamark ink to stamp and emboss them with Simon Says Stamp clear embossing powders. There are matching dies for the images, but I just used scissors to fussy cut them.

I took some leftover pattern paper strips and adhered them with tape runner adhesive to the card. I was going to send this card through the mail, so I used some fun foam behind the journaling card and flowers. This gives me an even raise so that the post machines don't tear apart the card.

All right! That's it for today! I'm off to work! I hope to receive my next kit soon! It looks like a good one!


No comments:

Post a Comment