Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Studio Calico Odyssey Easter Card

Hi, everyone! I've been super busy lately! I've been using my Simon Says Stamp card kit and making cards for people who have ordered them. I love doing custom orders! My Studio Calico kit finally came! After two months in a row of mess-ups from UPS...well I guess I'm getting a little tired of them. Oh well! Today I used my kit in a way that it wasn't intended to be used - I made an Easter card! Check it out!



Isn't it so very cute! I love using my card kits in different ways. I'm finding that the Studio Calico kits aren't really themed in ways that are appealing to me, but that's okay! I just change them to fit my tastes! This particular stamp set from this month's kit has turtles, chameleons, alligators, and frogs. Not really my thing, but I did like the papers!




I usually don't remember to take photos during my crafting process, but today I did! I wanted to show you how I used the stamp set to make this card. The image I used is actually supposed to give color to the body of the frog. As soon as I saw this set I knew I wanted to make Easter eggs. I used various colors of SC ink to stamp out my eggs and then grabbed a bunch of different images from my various stamp sets and gave the eggs white accents. I cut out each of the egg shapes with scissors.




I layered multiple papers all wonky and trimmed off the excess from the edges of my card. I added a strip of polka dot paper on top and then used various thicknesses of foam tape to adhere my eggs. I made my sentiment from the blue alpha stickers that came in the kit. Then I used some Candy Shoppe enamel dots to add some interest to my card.

That's it! I hope this inspires you to use your card kits in out-of-the-box ways! See you next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment