Thursday, March 12, 2015

Colorful Flowers Card.

Hello! Welcome back to my blog for another card and video! I'm using the March card kit from Simon again. I just love this kit! The colors are fantastic! Let's just jump right in!




I started with one of the journaling cards that came in the kit and cut a piece of black SSS cardstock to give the tag just a small black border. I then moved on to the flowers. I used both sizes of flowers and stamped them in multiple colors because I wasn't sure which ones I wanted to use on my card. This also gives me a bunch of extra flowers to use on future projects! I frequently do this when I have stamp sets that require me to cut out images. As soon as I get the set I stamp a bunch of images and cut them out and keep them with my stamps.




I knew that I wanted to emboss my flowers with clear embossing powder, but I also wanted to use dye ink. No problem! I inked up my stamp with Versamark ink first and then inked over my clear ink with the dye ink that I wanted to use. I did the same thing with the flowers and the leaves. In the end, I used a large flower that was stamped with Memento Dandelion ink, a small flower that was stamped with Studio Calico Mint Hint ink, and the leaves were stamped with Simon Says Stamp Green Apple ink.




Next I moved on to sprucing up the background a little bit. I used Mustard Seed and Black Soot Distress inks and spattered them across the journaling card and my Neenah card base. I just smooshed a bit of ink onto my craft mat and sprayed some water and used my paint brush to flick some paint onto my papers.

I wanted to embellish the card more, so I added some black centers to my flowers with Ranger Liquid Pearls and a sprinkling of Doodlebug sequins. The camera doesn't really pick it up, but I used my clear Wink of Stella brush to add a bit of sparkle to the sentiment.

Here's the video! Please enjoy!




Thanks for popping in to see my card for today! I hope I'll see you again soon!! 


1 comment: