Sunday, February 15, 2015

Masculine Whales Valentine

Hello everyone! You would not believe the day I had yesterday! It was a classic example of Murphy's Law. Murphy follows me everywhere! Anyway, here is the last installment of my Valentine's Day card series! I think you'll really like this one! I used blues and a nautical theme so that I could send this card to a man in my life!


Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog
I'm also entering this card in the SSS Wednesday Challenge - All Creatures Great and Small. I hope you'll join in, too! 
Here's the card! Isn't it cute! I started by stamping both whales from the Lawn Fawn "Whale You Be Mine" stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I used IG1, IG2, IG4, and IG6 Spectrum Noir alcohol markers to color in the whales. Instead of doing a classic shading technique, I did added dots to where I wanted the image to appear shaded. I really love this particular technique on these whales! When I was done coloring I used the matching dies to cut out these little whales. 
Next I used painter's tape to mask off lines on my card. Each white area is 1 inch and each colored area is 1/2 inch. I used 3 colors of Distress Ink- Broken China, Salty Ocean, and Peacock Feathers. I blended these colors onto my Neenah card base using a mini ink blending tool. 
After I removed the painters tape, I stamped my sentiment in Versafine ink and covered it with some Simon Says Stamp clear embossing powder. 
I added my whales to the card with some foam squares. I have these hearts that I picked up at Target. They are from K&Company and the hearts are various sizes and colors, so I thought it would be cute to add some to the card. 
I added a coat of Wink of Stella to make the whales shimmer. I wanted to use Glossy Accents, but, *gasp*! I'm all out! So I used some Mod Podge Dimensional Magic instead. It's essentially the same thing, but I did notice that there's a lot more bubbles with this product. 
Here's the video: 

I know this card is still a little cutesy, but it is a Valentine after all! I definitely sent it off to a wonderful family member - who just happens to be a man! 

Thanks for joining me! I hope you've loved this series as much as I have! 


2 comments:

  1. Hi sweetie, this is so cute, I love the colours you have chosen too, Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this time, hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute little whales! I love the coloring you did on them. Thank you so much for playing along with us this week over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog :)

    ReplyDelete