Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Studio Calico November 2014 Card Kit Video #2

Hi, there! How has everyone been? Me? Well....I've been around! Have you ever lost your crafting mojo? I feel like I have this past month or so. I've been working so hard on Christmas cards for friends and family. I guess I feel pressured to produce cards and it's really affecting me (effecting? I don't know. I never could keep them straight!). Every card that I make is a dud. One that I would never want to share! I feel so behind on my crafting. I'm putting in more hours at work, so when my "weekend" (Tues/Weds) finally arrives I'm exhausted and I can't get up the crafty juices to work! Please tell me this happens to you guys as well!

I took a short break from card making this last week or so and worked on some projects for my family and friends using wine corks. I'll share them with you after the Holidays! But for now, I have a video using the Studio Calico November Card kit. I get a fall feel from the kit (it is from November, after all), but I tried to use non-fall colors to make it more current!


So. I have a confession to make. The only Distress inking tools that I have are what I've received from my SSS card kits - one mini Distress Ink Pad and two markers. UNTIL NOW!! I was recently at Michael's and found a few ink pads on clearance and my good friend sent me a package of four mini ink pads. I LOVE THEM! I don't know why I haven't invested in them before! I used Spiced Marmalade and Worn Lipstick along with a mini ink blending tool to create my background. I used my Scotch ATG gun to adhere that panel onto a standard A2 Neenah card base.

I cut a strip of the triangle paper 2" wide and used my Fiskars Apron Lace border punch to create a decorative edge. I punched a 3" scallop circle from the green chevron paper also included in the kit. I adhered both of these items to the card with tape runner adhesive. I also used one of the larger kraft labels from the kit.

I don't know about you, but I find it helpful to create a bunch of stamped images as soon as I get my kits. That way I can have them all set to go when I want to make a card. I had used the rock and roll technique (shown in my previous video) to stamp the apple. It's just a solid image, so I think that you have to cheat a bit to give the image some dimension. The lighter green is SC Going Green ink and the darker is SC Lime Light ink. I stamped the stem in SSS Khaki ink and the outline in SC Doc Brown ink. The leaves are stamped first in Yes Peas and then in Emerald City ink. The detail part is stamped in Doc Brown ink.

I used Tombow Mono Multi Glue to adhere the various pieces of the apple together and then used foam squares to adhere the apple onto my card.



And that's my card for today! Hopefully I can get back into the swing of things and really begin making some cards for you guys again!

No comments:

Post a Comment