Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Studio Calico December 2014 Card Kit Video #1

Ahh! Can you believe only two days left until Christmas! I started out this year so far ahead of the game, and now I feel so far behind! I find myself needing just one more Christmas card....over and over again! I wanted to use the Park Avenue card kit from SC to create a Christmas themed city card. Even though this kit is for December, there's definitely not a holiday or even a winter vibe. So I thought I'd just make it Christmas-y!


As always, I started out with a top folding Neenah card base. I used various inks to stamp out the houses onto more paper (Well Red and Glass Slipper (stamped twice for a darker image) inks from SC and Memento Tangelo and Dandelion inks). I then stamped the accent images for the buildings in Memento Tuxedo Black and cut out the buildings using my Cutter Bee scissors.

I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of scrap red cardstock from my stash and embossed it with Zing! White Opaque embossing powder. The sentiment is from a Simon Says Stamp set. I just love the skinny font!

I used my Scotch ATG gun to adhere the teal paper from the kit onto my card base (cut 1/8 inch smaller than the A2 base). I used the same adhesive to stick down my buildings onto the house paper from the kit (cut 1/2 inch smaller than the card base)- overlapping them and putting some in front of the others for depth. I mounted the red sentiment strip onto the paper, covering up the bottoms of the buildings, using foam tape and trimmed off the excess paper.



Next, I dug out my Studio Calico wood veneer trees and stuck a few of them down with my new favorite adhesive - Ranger Multi Matte Medium. This glue dried almost instantly! It's so great! I then adhered the house paper panel to my card with my ATG gun.

Since this is a Christmas card, I thought a little shimmer was in order! I used my Stardust Stickles to add glitter to the tops of the houses and the trees. It's hard to catch it in the video, but you can see the shimmer here in the photo.

This video is a little different. I had my heater on in my craft room and it was just too loud to cover up. So I did a voice over. I don't have a professional microphone, so it sounds a bit weird. Let me know what you guys prefer!


I won't see you guys until after the holiday, so everyone have a merry Christmas! I hope to get back into a regular posting schedule after the craziness is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment