Wednesday, November 12, 2014

SSS November Card Kit Video #1

Hi, friends! I'm sorry I'm posting this so late! I wanted to share this video with you on Monday, but I've been sick for over a week now! As soon as I get home all I want to do is snuggle under my warm blankets and sleep! Hopefully I will be better soon....but now...on to the cards! 


This one really is a simple card. I started with a Neenah Solar White card base and a layer of the red cardstock from the kit. Then I cut the holly berry paper to layer on top of that! I also used a strip of the brown and white dot paper that was leftover from another card I made.

I stamped a bunch of trees...more than I needed for this project. But, I had the stamps and inks out and I figured I might as well stamp a bunch and cut them out for future projects. You can never have enough trees! I used Studio Calico inks from the Color Theory line (Well Red and Emerald City) and stamped them with both the large and short trees. I cut them out with my Cutter Bee scissors.

I stamped the "winter flourish" stamp from the kit at the bottom of the card in SC Doc Brown ink. I had intended to stamp the sentiment at the top of the card in the same ink, but I didn't like it. The stamp text is thin and I don't think it stood out on the paper. No problem! I stamped again on Solar White cardstock and cut it out and adhered it on the card with my Scotch ATG gun.

I cut some tree trunks from chocolate brown paper from Bazzil and adhered them and the trees to the card with Tombow Mono Multi adhesive. I used the same glue to adhere a trio of my homemade enamel dots. I think they look almost like little candy pieces!!




Here's another card using some of the same stamps. The card base is from Solar White cardstock and I cut some snow drifts from some silver paper that I had on hand.

I stamped the snowfall stamp from the kit repeatedly over the card with Glass Slipper ink. Then I used Mint Hint ink to stamp the "winter flourish" stamp once in the top center of the card (both inks are from Studio Calico). Then I stamped and embossed the sentiment in silver fine detail embossing powder from Recollections.

The trees are stamped in Mint Hint, Lime Light, and Purple Rain inks from SC onto Neenah Solar White cardstock and then I cut them out along with a few strips of brown paper for my tree trunks. I adhered them with Tombow Mono Multi glue.

Super simple and easy to mass produce!


Here's one more card for today! I thought it kind of fit in with the others since I made my trees to have tree trunks :)

As always, the card base is Neenah Solar White cardstock. I cut the red chevron paper to have a 1/8 inch border. I cut the blue paper to highlight the sentiments and used it as an anchor point for my trees. The trees are stamped in Lime Light and Glass Slipper inks from Studio Calico. I adhered them with Tombow Mono Multi Glue (my new favorite liquid adhesive!) and stamped and embossed the greeting with Zing! white opaque embossing powder.

Thanks for popping over to my blog! I'll see you again soon (hopefully!) with another video!!

No comments:

Post a Comment