Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Triple Stack of Coffee Cups.

Hi, there! I have one more video to share with you guys using the SSS October card kit. This kit was super fun and I got a lot of use out of the stamp set! The last card that I shared was made for my sister. This one was made for her roommate. They are two of my most loyal followers and I appreciate both of them very much! I wanted to make some special cards for them using the fox papers that they liked. Here's the card:


I started off with my usual A2 card base made from Neenah 110lb cardstock and cut the fox background paper to 4.25 x 5.5 inches to cover the entire card.

Each of my coffee cups was stamped in Versafine Onyx Black ink on Neenah cardstock. I also stamped the top portion of my cup onto some scrap brown paper from Bazzil (this is actually leftover from my wedding invitations. I'm so happy I saved my scraps!). I cut out the cups and the "coffee" portions using my Cutter Bee scissors and craft knife. I glued the brown paper onto the cups to serve as the coffee inside the cup. I then used my craft knife to cut small slits along the "coffee line" so that my cups would sit down inside of each other.

Once I had them cut out, I decided I wanted to embellish them a little bit. I used an "ombre" pattern on the bottom cup using Studio Calico Color Theory inks (in order from bottom to top) Something Blue, Glass Slipper, and Mint Hint. I used Deja Blue ink to stamp the heart, and then Glass Slipper again to stamp the sentiment on the top cup (I actually stamped this one twice - I wanted to deepen the color a bit).




I wanted to share this card with you guys, too. I made it for a challenge over at Studio Calico for World Card Making Day. I used a strip of patterned paper at the bottom of the card and two of the wood veneer pieces as the centerpieces of my card. The "coffee" is actually one of the steam stamps from the set that I stamped in SSS Khaki ink (included in the kit). I stamped the sentiment in the same ink. I entered this in the "Touch of Gold" challenge, so I added some gold gems to brighten up the card.

Thank you for joining me today! I'll be back soon with another video!


No comments:

Post a Comment