Monday, October 27, 2014

Hello Flair Card.

Hi, guys! Sometimes I just really need a card now. Super quick. In 2 minutes or less. I have one of those cards today! 


I used Studio Calico's October card kit, The Underground, to make this card. I used some Neenah 110lb paper to create the standard-sized card base and cut the floral background paper to cover the entire cardfront. Next, I used a 2 inch circle punch from Fiskars to cut the red chevron paper. The kit came with this cute little "hello" flair and I adhered it to the circle using some mini glue dots. I used foam squares and adhered my circles to the bottom right corner of my card. The little dots are also included in the kit. I originally was only going to use the black...but I decided to throw in the clear ones as well. 

That's it! So simple! Here's a quick video for you:



I have another card using this same layout to share with you. It's a little more involved...but still simple! I was inspired by the creative team on the SC gallery boards to create this card.


I started (as always) with an A2 card base. I cut some of the green polka dot paper to cover the front of the card. Then I cut a piece of Neenah Solar White to 4 x 5.25 inches. I used the "handsome" stamp from the kit along with 3 inks from Studio Calico's Color Theory Line - Yes Peas, Going Green, and Lime Light. I inked up the stamp with the Yes Peas ink and stamped it right in the middle of the panel. Without re-inking, I stamped off to the left and right of my original image, creating an ombre effect. I repeated this with all three ink colors until my panel was fully stamped.

I used my Fiskars 2 inch circle punch to cut a circle and then I used the outline pumpkin stamp from the stamp set to create some circle lines on my circle. I thought the edge needed a little definition, so I used a mini round ink blending tool and some Going Green ink to ink the edges a bit. Then, I stamped "hello" in Yes Peas ink in the middle of the circle and used foam squares to adhere it to the card. I used some SC sequins in Yes Peas as a finishing touch!

Thanks for joining me!

No comments:

Post a Comment