Thursday, September 11, 2014

Studio Calico Sandlot Cards

Hi, crafty people!

I'm sorry it's been so long since my last post! It's been so hot here! 95 degrees in my craft room the past couple of days! Just way too hot to leave my air conditioned bedroom :( Good news, though! It's cooling down! The weatherman is calling for rain and more "fall-like" temperatures! Whew! Anyone who knows me knows that I prefer rain/snow and "dreary" cloud-covered days. I feel so productive when it's overcast and chilly outside!

I received my new kit from Studio Calico for September (Poet Society) and I thought I better get going on my August kit (Sandlot). So While it was cooler yesterday and today I whipped out my inks and papers and got to work! I will post a couple of the cards here, and the rest over at the Studio Calico member gallery. You can find my personal gallery here!


Here's my first one for today. I love that gumball machine stamp that came in the kit! It's so great! I will admit though, as much as I loved it, I had a hard time using it at first. The stamp is just so much bigger than any other stamp I've used before. But, I love it, so I had to use it! I used a few different SC inks for this one (Well Red, Sunny Day, Emerald City, Something Blue, and Orange County). I wanted to make this one look like a "traditional" gumball machine. You know the ones...they were in the barber shops and you paid a penny for a gumball! I punched out a few of the papers from the kit - one with a 3 inch scallop circle punch and one with the Apron Lace border punch from Fiskars. I layered everything up and I was done!


Okay. Can we just talk about that cat veneer! Oh my. It came in the kit with some pink twine wrapped around it - best packaging ever! I'm not really an animal person, but I love this kitty so much! I used the poka dot paper from the kit and layered some of the "love" paper on top. I added a strip of paper with the "you + me = us" sentiment and I embossed "love you" on a scrap of vellum. I fussy cut around the bottom portion of the sentiment so that it would hang down a little bit.


This one will be the last one for today! I used more of the "love" paper (can you tell it was my favorite from the kit!) along with the blue and white striped ribbon from the kit. I stamped the gumball machine in Blush Crush SC ink and filled up the machine with Mint Hint, Clean Slate, and more Blush Crush (all from Studio Calico) colored gumballs. I added some buttons behind the image and put a dashed white line with a gel pen from Sakura along the right side of the card. 

That's it for now! I started playing around with the September kit all ready and I love it! Each kit from Studio Calico gets better and better! I also have a few more cards using the Simon Says Stamp kit. I had planned to have a video tonight, but my camera recorded out of focus :( Sad times! Oh well, I will make another! 

Don't forget that I always link up the products that I've used below. I don't get any kind of money from these companies, I just really love their products and I want to show you where I purchase my goodies! :) Thanks for dropping in! 









No comments:

Post a Comment