Friday, September 12, 2014

Hooray ( !!! ) For New Card Kits!

Hello, crafters! I'm happy to be back so soon!

I made a card using the newest Studio Calico kit, Poet Society for my youngest brother's birthday. He just turned 20. Yes. Twenty. Two and Zero. I can't believe it. I really can't. I'm not old...but nothing makes me feel "old" like my youngest brother turning 20. I remember waking him up in the morning to get ready for school. Helping with homework and packing lunches. Now he's in college. And he calls me up for questions about life. Real life. Not spelling or how to write a capital L in cursive. Oh man. Enough of this not-so-tragic-tragedy. On to the card!


As I mentioned above, I used the newest card kit from Studio Calico called Poet Society. The stamp set this month is just so terrific! Words can't describe it! There's this big bold "hooray" sentiment in the perfect font. It's great for focal points on cards! I've always wanted big sentiment stamps like this, but they're usually so expensive. It's awesome that SC put one in the stamp set! 

Anyways, I stamped "hooray" in one of the new ink colors from Studio Calico called Inky Black. It's a great black ink! After stamping it on some Neenah cardstock from the kit, I used my paper trimmer to partially trim out the sentiment and then used my Cutterbee scissors to trim around the top of the "H" and the bottom of the "Y". I also cut a banner end at the left end of the sentiment. The whole piece is popped up on foam tape. I used the same Inky Black ink to stamp "it's your birthday". This stamp comes from a previous SC card kit called "Bluegrass Farm." 

I also stamped the two banner shaped stamps in one of the older SC colors, Sunny Day, and one of their colors from their newest release, Going Green. I used the cluster of stars and the individual star stamps to add some interest to the rest of the card (they're both stamped in SC ink Clean Slate). 

I added the stamped piece to a gray striped paper from the kit and adhered both of those onto a navy blue piece of cardstock (also from the kit). The finished card measures 5.5" x 4.25" (a standard A2 size). 

Here's a quick look at everything included in the kit: 


Pretty fantastic, right! Once again I want to say that I do not get any money from Studio Calico to use their products. I've just been subscribing to their kits for a bit and I really love them! If you're interested in more information about one or all of their monthly kits, you can go to their website here. If you want to join up, let me know! I can send you a referral code for 500 Calico Points good for a future add on kit! That's $5 off! 

Okay, I'm off to do more creating! Thanks for dropping in! 









No comments:

Post a Comment