Sunday, September 28, 2014

Halloween Candy Machine Cards ( AND VIDEO! )

Hi, guys!

Today I have three cards to show you. They are all very similar, two of them are especially similar! I'm using the stamp set from the Sandlot card kit from Studio Calico. The stamp set came with an adorable gumball machine stamp (if you follow my blog then you've seen this stamp before!). I love it so much! I thought it would be fun to fill up the machine with candies other than gumballs!


This is the card I made in the video. I used Studio Calico Color Theory ink in the Orange County color to stamp my gumball machine. Then I used an older stamp set from Recollections to fill up my machine with candy corn (stamped in CT ink - Doc Brown). Any stamp set will work for this...there's tons of current sets that have Halloween candies in them! I colored the candy corns with my BIC markers. I have a 50 pack that I picked up at Staples years ago, but they're the same thing that's still on the shelf in your office supply store today! 

I used my Doc Brown ink to stamp my sentiment beneath the machine and then I used my stylus to create my dotted line. I distressed the edges with some distress ink and my mini ink blending tool. Unfortunately, I smudged some ink near the middle portion of the card...and try as I might...I just couldn't cover it up. So I pulled out my sequins and added some extra "oomph" to the card! Lastly, I used my Corner Chomper to round my bottom corners with the 1/4" inch rounder. 

Here's the video : 





I made the card again off camera to see what it would be like without the sequins. Which one do you prefer? Leave me a comment in the comment box and let me know! 


I said in my video that you could even fill up the machine with little eyeballs and after I shut off my camera I thought I would try it! So I used the little gumball outline stamp from the stamp set and stamped some circles in CT ink Inky Black. Then I used my  black gelly roll pen from Sakura to add some detail to the eyes. I drew in my lines beneath the sentiment. As you can see, I wasn't too careful to make them straight lines. I wanted to give them some character!

I distressed the edges with my Inky Black ink and added some enamel dots. These dots are from Recollections. They were on their Halloween rack on sale last week, so I had to pick some up! I chose to keep my edges square for this card. I'm not sure which way I like better!

Well, I am off to work! Thanks for stopping by today! I promise I'll dive into my new SSS card kit soon!









No comments:

Post a Comment