Friday, September 26, 2014

DIY Flowers with Circle Punches (and a bonus card!)

Hi, guys!
I was playing around with my circle punches the other day, and thought that I could make some cute little flowers with the little circles!


Here's a look at the card! I used papers from this month's card kit from Studio Calico - Poet Society. The circle punches are from EK Success. I used a 1/2 inch punch for the petals and a 1/4 inch punch for the centers. Each flower has 5 petals, but I'm sure you could use more or less - that's just what looked best to me.

To make the leaves I first punched a 2 inch circle from a piece of white Neenah 110lb paper and then used a round mini ink blending tool from Tim Holtz and the Studio Calico ink Going Green to color in the white paper. Then I used the circle punch to punch just a little sliver of paper from the circle (the video shows it better than I can describe!).

The sentiment is from last month's SC card kit called Sandlot. I stamped it in Emboss It ink from Ranger and embossed the sentiment in Zing White Opaque embossing powder. I used the 1/2 inch corner rounder on my Corner Chomper to round all four corners and finished off the card with a few sequins.



I've been doing quite a bit of crafting with this month's kit, and I wanted to share a bonus card with you!


I used the black and white text paper from the 4x6 inch add on paper pad as the background for my card. I matted it onto an A2 slate gray card base. I used my Simply Art watercolors to create some paint spatters on the background paper. I love this paper so much, but I thought it needed a little dressing up!

I took a few more pieces of patterned paper and cut them into strips and then cut the ends into ribbon ends and at diagonals. The sentiment is from a Simon Says Stamp sentiment stamp set (Friendship Messages) and I stamped it onto a piece of Neenah 110 lb Solar White cardstock. I thought that the white was just ... too much white! So I used my SC ink Coral Bay and a mini ink blending tool to color the paper to coordinate with the paint spatters and the strip of coral paper.

That's all for today! I have a few more videos and cards to share with you guys in the coming days!









No comments:

Post a Comment