Thursday, September 18, 2014

B. Bear Book Tours.

Hi, all! I had a super productive crafty day yesterday - 12 cards! All using the Simon Says Stamp card kit from September. I even filmed a video! I'm sharing the first 3 cards today and I'll hopefully have a few more cards, along with a video, to share with you guys tomorrow!

These cards really focus on the stickers and the papers and have minimal stamping. I'm a big fan of using up everything that comes in my kits - no waste! So, you'll see me using a lot of strips of paper in these 12 cards. The papers were 4 x 8 this month, so I had a lot of paper trimmings to use up!


Here's the first one! I used one of my favorite papers as the background and added the red chevron paper to the left side of the card (I trimmed it so that it looked more like a stripe pattern). I took a piece of tan cardstock from my scrap paper bin and did some simple stamping on it. I used Studio Calico colors Glass Slipper, Doc Brown, and Well Red. Then I added one more strip of floral patterned paper and a bunch of stickers. Those fantastic wooden dots finish off the card!


This sticker was a challenge for me. I saw it on the sticker sheet and I didn't know how on earth I was going to use it! The background patterned paper was another challenge. It's so busy and I didn't know how I was going to make it work. But, I love to challenge myself! So, I started by trimming my background paper to 4 x 5.25" to provide an even border around the base of the card. Then I added the red striped piece as an anchor point and I just started adding stickers! I wanted the green stickers to resemble the background, so i added them all crooked and such. And that was all for this card! 


I've saved my favorite for last! I just love this cute paper with the animals in the hot air balloon! It's so cute! I didn't think I needed to add much, so I added a strip of the red striped paper to the left side of the card (are you starting to see a common thread? I really love those stripes!). I stamped a few sentiments and added a few more strips of paper and some more of those fantastic wood dots. 

Those are my three cards for today! Come back tomorrow! I plan to upload a few more cards and possibly a video! Thanks for stopping by! 









No comments:

Post a Comment