Thursday, August 21, 2014

Presents, Presents, Presents!!

Hi! Today I am sharing a super quick and simple card that I made using only what I had on hand. I didn't go out and buy anything special, I just kind of dug through my supplies and used what I had. I'm not going to include a product list for this card because I honestly don't know where many of my supplies came from. I am really trying to use up my paper scraps and utilize the stamp sets that I have. I can't justify buying more things until I use what I have...and trust me...I have a LOT of stuff!

So, here we go!


The card is a standard A2 size made from white cardstock. I had cut the diagonal stripes paper to size for a project last year...and never completed the card, so I used it here! The red paper with the snowflakes I've had for....a long time. Literally 5 or 6 years. I love it so much and I've been hoarding this last little piece. But what good does paper do stuffed away in a file? I figured I'd better just use it! 

I cut the presents from a paper that I've had for a while (also 5 or 6 years. I got a bunch of papers on clearance when I was in college). Some of them are adhered flat onto the card and some of them are popped up on foam squares from Recollections (the same ones I use all the time). 

The sentiment is from a Little Yellow Bicycle stamp set. It's two separate words and the stamp set also includes words like peace and joy. I bought it a while back and I just recently found it! I love that you can mix the text font of "merry" with the script font of "Christmas). I also love that the sentiment is so big! It does almost all of the work for you! I stamped it in my Ranger Emboss It ink and embossed the sentiment with Zing White Opaque embossing powder (these are the same products I've linked up many times before). 

I finished off the card using some green and white bakers twine from Martha Stewart Crafts. I bought it at Michael's. The twine came in a package with two spools of green, red, and brown. I haven't used it before, but I really like it! 

That's it for today! I'm working on some Halloween cards next (I just keep bouncing between Halloween and Christmas). I'll see you soon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment