Monday, July 14, 2014

There's No Place Like Gnome.

Hello! I'm back with another card I've made with the Studio Calico Card Kit for this month! This time I played around with the little gnome stamp! Let's jump right into it:


Those gnomes are so cute, right! I thought so! Everything I used for this card, except for the inks and markers, came included in the kit. 

I stamped my gnome three times on white cardstock from the kit and then colored them in and then cut them out. I don't have any fancy Copic or distress markers, I just use my BIC permanent ink markers from Staples. I've had them forever and they seem to do the trick. You do have to work quickly and evenly, or else they get splotchy. But they work perfectly for small areas of color like you see here. 

I freehand cut the green paper from the kit to look like small hills and I inked around the edges to give them some definition. I stamped the sentiment in black ink and the little hedgehog in gray ink. I tucked the little gnomes behind the hills using tape runner adhesive. However, I did use a bit of foam tape behind their pointy little hats to give a little more dimension. 

I used some more SC ink in Something Blue and Slate Gray for the clouds. The clouds are second and third generation inking though. The first stamped image was way too intense. I cut them out and adhered them to the cloud background paper. 

I adhered all of my elements straight down onto a piece of yellow cardstock (from the kit) cut and folded down to a standard A2 card. To finish it off, I stamped another gnome on the inside of the card. 


And that is all for today! I always work the weekends, so I suppose my "weekend" starts tomorrow. Hopefully it will cool off enough for me to get into my craft room and work on a few projects!
Thanks for coming by!










No comments:

Post a Comment