Saturday, June 28, 2014

Three Nautical Cards.

Oh, hello!

I've been really inspired by nautical themes lately, so I sat down in my craft room yesterday and made a few sea-type cards! Also, I'm trying a new tool to provide links to the products I've used to create my projects. I'm obviously not too experienced with it yet, and I couldn't find the stamp sets I used. Probably because they're older stamp sets. Let me know if you like it!




For this first card I used a stamp set from Little Yellow Bicycle to build my sentiment and I stamped and embossed it on the pretty cardstock. I added some natural colored burlap jute and white and red striped satin ribbon to finish it off. The card base is navy blue and I matted white cardstock on the inside and stamped a small compass in navy ink. So simple!!


 I let the paper do most of the work for this card as well (Nothing wrong with that!) I thought the fish paper was adorable and I loved that there was one fish off on its own. This stamp is from a 7 Gypsies set by Hampton Art. I stamped it in navy ink, added more burlap jute and a navy grosgrain ribbon. I added some gold sequins to make the fishy stand out :) The card base is navy with a white interior stamped with a small compass.


My last card uses a sentiment from the same stamp set as above. The ship is a stamp from Prima which I stamped on red cardstock and cut out. I free hand cut waves from the papers at the bottom of the page and stuck the ship in between the layers of waves. The yellow background paper has little anchors. I thought it was so cute! Once again, the card base is navy, I matted the inside in white, and stamped that small compass.

I hope you liked these cards! I had a lot of fun making them!








No comments:

Post a Comment