Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Remember to Smile Today.

Hello, everyone!
I'm sorry I've been absent from my blog for so long! Time does fly! I just got back from a much needed vacation with my husband and my family. We took a short trip to the lake! No electricity, running water, etc. It was a weekend full of fishing, games, sleeping out under the stars, and relaxation. I absolutely loved it! On top of that, we celebrated my mom's birthday. We all really had a lot of fun.

Here's a quick card that I wanted to share. It's super easy and fun to make.


To start off, I made my card base approximately 4.75 inches square and I used recycled cardstock and adhered a deep chocolate brown Bazzil cardstock to the front (this cardstock was actually left over from the invitations I made for my wedding a couple years ago. Yay for using up leftover scraps!). The chevron pattern is actually a stamp I bought from Michael's for $1! Double yay! I used Heidi Swapp inks in four different colors (pink, coral, yellow, and mint) and stamped on white cardstock in each of those colors. Then I cut out the papers in different sizes and shapes and inked around the edges of each one in a different ink color. 



The sentiment is another $1 stamp from Michael's which I stamped in a coffee brown ink and cut around the scalloped edge and used foam adhesive to mount it on top of a cream colored circle (I inked around the circle edge in the coffee ink as well). I used some pink bakers twine to finish off the card. 

So easy and so cute! I hope you enjoyed! 


No comments:

Post a Comment