Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Just a Couple Die Cut Cards.

Hello! 

I've used some products from my May 2014 Studio Calico  kits along with some dies to create two cards. 

My first one uses a die cut stack technique that I've seen Carissa Wiley from Sprinkled with Glitter use. To start off, I cut a standard A2 sized card and adhered my background paper to the card base. Then I adhered a strip of vellum to the lower side of the card. 

For my centerpiece, I die cut "hello" six times from white cardstock. Then I used liquid adhesive and glued the first five dies on top of each other. The last cut I embellished with some Color Theory inks. All I did was just smoosh the ink pads onto the die cut, leaving this splotchy ink look. I used Sunny Day, Orange County, Well Red, and Mint Hint inks. Then I glued this last die onto the rest of them and adhered the entire stack onto my card. 

To finish it off I added glossy accents and some Doodlebug sequins!  



All right! On to my second card! This one uses the negative space from a die cut, rather than the positive piece (The part you would usually use). 

I had previously cut out the word "thanks" from a piece of white cardstock for a different card and I kept this negative space just knowing I would use it. 

I used a standard A2 white card and I started off by adhering a piece of pink and red striped paper behind the "thanks" negative space die cut and then glued them down to the card base. I used this street map - ish paper to frame the die on the top and bottom of the card. Then I cut a strip of the diamond patterned paper and punched a scallop border and adhered it overtop of the die with foam squares. 

I accented the card with Doodlebug sequins and homemade enamel dots. 



Thank you all for reading! I just received my June 2014 kit from SC today and I am so excited to play with it! Stay tuned for my newest creations!



No comments:

Post a Comment