Thursday, May 15, 2014

Gold and Coral Birthday Card.

Hello, everyone!
Before we get started, I wanted to apologize for the poor photo quality :(

I used this month's card kit from Studio Calico, Camelot, as well Morgan, the card kit add-on. The only products not from the kit were my adhesives, the embossing ink and powders, and the .

Let's start with the overall photo of the card.


The card base was made from the dark grey cardstock. I stamped the cake stand and cake layers directly onto the base and used Zing! gold glitter embossing powder to make it super pretty! Then I used my Zig Embossing Pen to hand write "birthday" and I stamped "happy" directly above it. Then I embossed the sentiment in Zing! White embossing powder. I used the coral colored cardstock (I know...the quality is crappy. It really is a coral background) from the kit. I splatted some Heidi Swapp Ink (actually comes as a mister) in mint, yellow, and white. Then I punched a 3 inch scallop circle from the middle of the paper to show my stamping. I put the coral paper on some foam squares so give it some dimension. 

I loved the little piece of flair that came with this month's kit. Alas....My piece came with a big scratch down the side of it. Not to worry! I punched out a little white heart and covered up the blemish! Problem solved! 

The kit came with some fabulous shimmery gold twine. I wanted to use it so badly! It's so great! I was originally going to wrap it around the card, but I noticed that it was fraying at the ends. I thought it would make a great "starburst" effect! I love it! 

Here's some close-ups. 



I really liked the way this project turned out. It's so cute and girly! 
Thanks for stopping by! 




No comments:

Post a Comment